What is the difference between SEO and SEM? Both are the most important for the website who wants to do search engine marketing. If you want to know all about SEO (search engine optimization) and SEM (search engine marketing), you can read it one by one which is explaining in details. There are two ways to do SEO which are on-page SEO techniques and off-page SEO techniques.
Do You Know What is the Difference Between SEO and SEM?
If you want to understand the difference between SEO and SEM, it is the best article for the blogging industry. If the design of your website is very good, and you have written high-quality content on it too, but your website does not have traffic, then your Blog does not have any significance. Therefore, you must understand how to optimize SEO and search engine marketing? There are two important things to do in marketing to bring traffic to both blogs and blogs on Integrating SEO and SEM into your Marketing Campaigns. For more informaton read this related post how search engine works?
- On-Page SEO techniques
- Off-Page SEO techniques
To get free organic traffic from the search engine, optimizing the page according to a good keyword is called SEO (search engine optimization).
Google is making the search engine even smarter by changing SEO algorithms. But the complete SEO is two categories.
1. On-Page SEO techniques
Some important points on On-page SEO techniques
- Optimized Metadata, which includes the page title tag, Meta description, heading tags, and images ALT tag, which contains the keywords of the target keywords.
- The well-written and optimized page which includes the targeted keywords.
- Simple and well-formatted page URLs that contain selective keywords.
- There is also social sharing integration with content.
Related Post : On-page SEO techniques 2018 for beginners
2. Off-Page SEO techniques
Some important points of Off-Page SEO techniques
- High-quality backlinks, which can provide a website page in search engine optimization.
- Increase the sharing of traffic to a website on social media. is called a social signal which comes under off-page SEO.
- Attract visitor’s attention from social bookmarking sites like Reddit, Digg, Stumbleupon.
- SEO takes place through search engine optimization, on-page, and off-page, to the new visitor website.
For SEO: A high-quality content is very important, through which the search engine can attract the visitor.
What is Search Engine Marketing (SEM)?
Search engine marketing means to advertise online focusing keywords. There are many ways to do search engine marketing. The social media is the best platform for the search engine marketing. But we can not focus any keyword on social media marketing. So, the best platform is Adwords advertisement which is created by Google. In Google Adwords there is an option to optimize the keywords which are necessary for the business. Searched by any keyword in the search engine result page (SERP) by paid advertising in a search engine. Search engine marketing is called SEM.
We can say in simple words that getting paid traffic by any search engine is called Search Engine Marketing.
The type of advertisement is also known as pay per click (PPC). In search engine marketing, cost-per-click (CPC) ads, paid search ads and paid search advertising are also similar.
- PPC-Pay Per Click
- PPC-Pay Per Call
- CPC-Cost Per Click
- CPM (cost-per-thousand impressions)
- Paid Search Advertising
PPC (pay per click or pay per call) shows the advertisement of the website in SERP with the same query as a search query.
CPC cost per click is advertising. For example, we can set up a bid on social media or Google Adwords how much we can spend per click on our ads.
CPM means cost per thousand impression. There are two options to advertise. How can we spend our advertisement budget. If we need to spend in per 1000 impressions, we can set up a bid for impressions otherwise cost per click is the best to gain the traffics on the website.
Paid Search advertising is an advertisement platform where we can advertise our business brand and get traffics to our website. It is the best for bloggers because bloggers can focus their keywords to get organic traffics to their website. The organic traffics are most valuable, then increase conversion rate of the website. It helps to index on search engines fast.
When these ads are shown in the search engine result page (SERP), it gives the website an opportunity to increase web page landing page, blog object, and traffic. The traffic comes from this type known as paid traffic.
Related post : Top 10 Google Free SEO Tools for beginners
SEO vs SEM, SEO Aur SEM me the difference (the difference between SEO and SEM)
- SEO vs SEM, SEO Aur SEM difference (difference between SEO and SEM)
- On page and off page SEO are required for search engine optimization, while there is no need for SEM
- According to the search query in SEO, the position is upside down in the SERP. SEM does not affect the ranking position.
- Search engine optimization requires high-quality content when it doesn’t need for SEM.
- The search engine does not have to pay any money for the traffic coming from SEO. Whereas for traffic coming from SEM, pay per click or cost per click for each click.
- If you have started any blog and want to immediately show up in the search engine, you can do it through SEM. It takes some time for SEO to come in search results
SEO and SEM which is better for you?
Now the thing comes here, which technique is better for you, I believe that if you are a businessman and you have an online and offline business then your SEM can promote him online. And you can increase your sales.
But if you have a blogger then SEO will be better for you. If you want you can also use SEM. But if you are using Adsense, then I would recommend that you use SEO instead of SEM or else your AdSense account may also be suspended.
Finally, I want to request my readers to read one by one about the difference between SEO and SEM. SEO (search engine optimization) and SEM (search engine marketing) both are the importance, but the SEO makes your website available in organic traffic free. We have to optimize the blog post SEO friendly. Therefore, I recommend doing SEO is the most important for the blogs who are doing content marketing. I hope that I will publish again like this post in the next post. Thank you for visiting this post! Keep in touch!